Award Application Period
The Excellence in Education Award is given to an individual involved in the teaching and/or design of gerontological nurse practitioner curriculum or course content.
The recipient will demonstrate knowledge of the care of older adults and the ability to translate that knowledge to enhance students’ understanding in innovative ways. The recipient will also encourage and inspire advanced practice students to develop their excellence in gerontology and exhibit excellence in practice and service to the community.
Examples of programs appropriate for consideration include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developed or led courses and/or programs of study with gerontological content at the masters or doctoral level.
- Integrated geriatric competencies into didactic or clinical learning at the masters or doctoral level.
- Implemented innovative teaching in a course highlighting gerontological content.
- Development of an academic practice.
- Formed a community partnership which met educational objectives while meeting the needs of the older adult community.
Self-nominations are invited.
Applications are accepted March 1 through June 1 every year.