The Excellence in Leadership Award is given to an individual who demonstrates a commitment to geriatrics through direct care, education and/or research.
This award should be for an individual who demonstrates the tenacity to advocate, through a variety of means, for geriatric education and care in a variety of settings that goes well beyond the traditional service role of their profession. The award highlights leadership as an important element of the mission of nursing professionals and singles out individuals who serve as examples of geriatric expertise.
The award recipient must have a broad-based, continuing commitment to geriatric care as reflected in a variety of programs and initiatives which are responsive to medical and social needs of the geriatric population. This recipient should be active in furthering geriatric knowledge at the local and regional levels through clinical care, education, research and/or political involvement.
Examples of the types of experience appropriate for consideration include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Excelling at geriatric care.
- Innovating clinical practice to enhance the care of geriatric clients.
- Creating clinical models that more efficiently care for geriatric clients.
- Leading change (small or large) that improve quality of care.
- Promoting an environment of change.
- Excelling at communication and relationship building.
- Energizing others to promote geriatric care.
Applications are now open.
Self-nominations are invited.
You must be logged-in to your GAPNA member account to view the application pages for all Excellence Awards.