The Excellence in Clinical Practice Award is given for outstanding clinical practice by an individual who demonstrates a commitment to geriatric clinical practice.
This award should be for an individual who demonstrates, through the use of geriatric principles, outstanding geriatric care that goes well beyond the traditional service role of their profession. The award highlights clinical practice as an important element of the mission of nursing professionals and singles out individuals who serve as examples of geriatric expertise.
The award recipient must have a broad-based, continuing commitment to geriatric care as reflected in a variety of programs and initiatives which are responsive to medical and social needs of the geriatric population. This recipient should be active in furthering geriatric education at the local and regional levels through precepting, in-services and educational presentations.
Examples of the types of experience appropriate for consideration include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Using Geriatric principles to provide advanced practice nursing care.
- Acting as primary care provider, consultant, educator, coach and advocate.
- Utilizing geriatric principles to provide care and treatment.
- Meeting multiple needs and requests of geriatric client.
- Responding to cultural differences of older adults and their caregivers.
- Acting as an advocate for geriatric client.
- Applying a multidisciplinary approach in the care of an elder consulting other health care providers and additional agencies as required.
- Using current research to support decision-making and to improve healthcare of older adults.
Applications are accepted March 1 through June 1 every year. Applications are now open.
Self-nominations are invited.
You must be logged-in to your GAPNA member account to view the application pages for all Excellence Awards.
Apply for the Clinical Practice Award